It feels good to give!
Blood donors report feeling a sense of great satisfaction after making their donation! Why? Because helping others in need just feels good! Did you know that you could save 3 lives by donating just once?
Facts to remember:
- In the U.S. every 2 seconds someone is in need of blood!
- More than 44,000 blood donors are needed every day!
- A single car accident can require as many as 100 pints of blood!
- More than one million people are diagnosed with cancer each year and many need daily blood transfusions during chemo!
The following qualifications are needed to donate blood:
- Blood donors must be healthy
- At least 17 years old in most states or sixteen years old with parental consent if allowed by state law
- Weigh at least 110 pounds. Additional weight requirements apply for donors 18 and younger and all high school donors
St. Malachy Parish offers this opportunity to save lives twice a year, once in the Fall and again in the Spring. For more information on donating blood visit the Red Cross website or call the parish office at 586.264.1220.
You too can feel great when you donate!
St. Malachy has no affiliation with the Red Cross organization other than to utilize their services as part of our Blood Drive program.